Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First day of freedom

Well, here we are. Today is literally the first day of the rest of my life. For the last four years I have struggled daily and trudged into a job that I really disliked but that is no more. The little vacation that I have before we get married and move is one that is well deserved, or at least, it is in my opinion.

While I'm calling it a vacation, it really isn't. I've tasked myself with a lot of things and hopefully I'll be able to accomplish most, if not all, of them. I have a large bookshelf of books regarding things I'd like to learn programming-wise and it's my goal to get through at least my huge Dreamweaver book to familiarize myself better with the program, PHP5, and ASP.NET. There are several other things down there as well, but I'm trying to keep my goals realistic.

Today is just uber busy but by next week, I'm sure that I'll be able to settle into a routine. That'll keep me from procrastinating at least. I do need the routine aspect to make things into habit...the good stuff anyway. The bad stuff always becomes habit much more easily.

Please pardon me while I make a list. Boring and likely meaningless to you, but of such great help to me. :-)
  • P90
  • Break
  • Write
  • Pole out (W,F)/Pole in(M,T,R)
  • Break
  • Read
Anywho, time is just ticking away and I've gotta get a move on. See bullet number 2 up there? That means I'll try to send you a tidbit daily. I've tried before and failed, but this time could be the winner. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment