Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't It Make My Brown Eyes...Something

Ahhh, I am a sucker for a new product. I can't help myself. I alone am the reson that gum and candy bars are right by the register. My sucker-ness is also the reason that credit cards stay locked up at home and I don't carry cash. So don't try to mug me because all you're getting is some loose change and a bad attitude. (And possibly a swift kick to the groin.)

So when I saw Rhianna hawking Cover Girl's new Exact Eyelights, knowing that I always look like I got punched in both eyes, I figured I'd give it a shot. I suppose I was expecting a miracle product so my expectations were high.
They have an entire line of stuff. Eye shadows, mascara and eyeliner. If you didn't know, the premise is that their product, which has different color schemes for different eye colors, is supposed to make your eyes look brighter.

Herein lies the problem, at least for me. There's no color scheme for black eyes. I don't mean black as in of the African American persuasion, I mean black as in so dark brown that if you aren't shining a light in there, they look black. Of course, it didn't stop me from trying it out.

I want you to know that these two photos are something that would usually immediately hit the recycle bin but for the purpose of the review, I'm going to force you to look at me. It's before and after.


Hmmph. Well, I look like hell in both of them, and the lighting is slightly different although they were taken in the same place within minutes of each other, but, I'm not seeing any super difference in the eye area. I'll still probably buy the eye shadows to check them out and because I love eye shadow but I don't know that I can give this product the InShynesMind Seal of Approval. Yet.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I can't see much difference. Maybe you should put it on heavy, like a hooker? ;)

    ReplyDelete