Friday, October 16, 2009

ROCO Friday - Running Down A Dream

All hail the Friday ROCO congregation!

The good Reverend MiamiShyner is pleased and blessed to have made it through another week. Let the congregation say ROCO!

I am also blessed to have such a wonderful congregation. I may only see you once a week, but know that I appreciate you and keep you in my thoughts.

There are some days when I feel that this song is just appropriate. Many days on the way home from work, we open the song:
It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was driving

But long before I get to that point, somewhere before the halfway point of my run, I feel like this:
I felt so good like anything was possible
I hit cruise control and rubbed my eyes

Music can speak to you, ladies and gentlemen, if you'll just open your ears. ROCO!

Maybe you've noticed your Reverend looking a little more trim these days, maybe not. Well, I am running down my dream in small steps. The first step is to run a 5K. I'm more than halfway finished with the training for this and my first 5K is on Thanksgiving morning. That's right, I'll run and then come home and stuff my face. There are several 5Ks that I want to run before working my way up to a half marathon, and then finally, a full marathon. I must be insane. :-)

So, congregation, I ask you, do you know what path you're on? Do you have a path? How can you run down your dream if you don't have a path to follow? Tom Petty's mama didn't raise no dummies.
There's something good waiting down this road
I'm picking up whatever is mine


I hope that you'll all realize that you each have something good waiting down your road. Take the time to pick up whatever is yours.

With that, my dear flock, I ask that you go forth and spread the good ROCO word. Have a wonderful weekend. Be safe and have fun. And last but not least, ROCO!

No comments:

Post a Comment