Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm in love with...

A) A stripper
B) A man nearly twice my age
C) A girl
D) You
E) My car
F) Mary Jane

Did you pick one of those? Let me know. :-) Me? I'm in love with my chiropractor. Not real, let's get married and spend the rest of our lives together love, but OMG you took away a pain that's been haunting me off and on for the last 15 years love.

My relationship with chiropractors has been on-again/off-again for the last, oh, 20 years or so. I really like the way I feel when I'm totally in line and functioning at 100% but I just haven't always had the money and/or insurance to keep myself at that state. I am fortunate now to be able to do both and oooh, how I love it.

Friday's initial visit went well. I found out for sure that I'm an underpronater so I have the right shoes for running. I'm all kinds of crooked with my right hip and my left shoulder sitting higher than their respective partners. I also have knotty muscle issues that make my back achy, my bra too tight..oh wait, no, just achy back + right foot that turns out kinda funny to the side.

All that is fixable and will get fixed in the upcoming visits but the best part hands down is that the pain that I've had for so long is gone. GONE! For some reason, I have a nice bruise where the pain was, but I care not because the actual pain has left. This was no run-of-the-mill pain either. This was OMG someone just stabbed me in the back with a scorching hot needle a few times pain. No more. I shan't even mention it again.

So, at least the Steelers managed to pull off another win. Did they play a strong 45 minutes? Yes. Once again, though, at right about the 8 minutes remaining in the game mark, it all went downhill. I would really like to get into the locker room to see some of those guys naked. I would really like to get into the locker room to see what the hell is going on in the fourth quarter!! Just seeing if you're paying attention.

On another football note, of course I follow the Steelers on Twitter and all players who have personal Tweets, but I also consort with the enemy and I follow Chad Ocho Cinco. He's pretty amusing sometimes. Today, as he's done in the past, he offered to buy lunch for whomever showed up at his chosen place. Since said place is a few blocks from work, I stopped over.

I will admit that I wasn't expecting it, but he's really a stand-up guy. He posed for photos and signed everything that people brought over for him. Without a lick of attitude. He's also sporting a nice semi-shiner from the hit that Ray Ray put on him yesterday. The photo below was snapped right as I was telling him that I was there reppin the STEELER NATION, BABY! He was still cool with it. (Dammit, I always look like hell in photos. Oh well.)

That's probably more than enough to fill my section of your brain today. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great week!

5 days till the Steelers beat up on the Browns
74 days till vacation
118 days till graduation

Giddyup!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I need to get me one of those chiropractors. That and the money to pay for it. :)

    I'm not surprised about Chad. It seems like he gets most of his asshole tendencies out on the field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-)

    I tell ya the chiropractor is my new best friend. Almost makes the soul sucking I have to go through to get it paid for worth it.

    Never ceases to amaze me that huge crowds don't show up when he does this. It's strange to me. But yep, nice guy.

    ReplyDelete