Thursday, December 17, 2009

When TV sneaks into daily life

Yesterday, I spoke to MommaShyner about general and random things as is the norm. She mentioned that she was going to the football game tonight as her neighbor was nice enough to pass over her tickets for the evening (she's a season ticket holder; isn't that nice of her?). Off the top of my head I didn't know who was playing but MommaShyner felt that it was the Dolphins.

I know. It isn't.

Later last night, I was relaying the story to Lovey including the Dolphins part. He knew that it wasn't the Dolphins but wasn't sure who it was. In a stroke of brilliance, I realized that it was the Colts and told Lovey so.

We discussed the importance of the game for the Jags and that it would likely be a good game. Lovey mentioned that maybe the Colts would start sitting players, though, in preparation for the playoffs. I agreed that it would be a good game and, following my moment of brilliance with a moment of sheer stupidity, I said:

Maybe she'll get to see someone like Peyton Manning, maybe.

To which Lovey replied:

Maybe.

First, yes, just that quickly I forgot that we said that players might sit. Second, dammit Manning! You're seeping into regular conversations in our house and we're not even Colts fans!

Thanks for tuning in to your daily ramble featuring MiamiShyner.

No comments:

Post a Comment