Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1 of 90 - The torture begins

Hi there. :-)

So, as you may or may not know, in 89 days, on a beautiful beach in Cancun, I'll be sporting a wedding dress and getting married to my Lovey. Pretty normal to want to look your best for that particular occasion, no? In anticipation for this festive occasion and all of the bikini wearing madness that will go along with it, today I started P90X. If you're at all like me and can't help but to watch infomercials, maybe you've seen it. What it boils down to is it's a workout that tries to kill you. Yay!

There's no real working your way into it on the first day or in the first week. This guy just throws it at you like you're learning dodgeball from Patches O'Houlihan. "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" Typically, I don't get sore from a good workout until the next day. I'm already feeling it 12 hours later. Doesn't make for a good sign for tomorrow.

As with any exercise program, they give a diet to go along with it.  Usually I ignore these types of things and just try to eat healthy, but this time, I'm going to try to not follow it exactly, but at least try to come close.  One of the biggest issues is having to eat 5 smalls a day.  If you're not accustomed to it, it's a lot harder than one would think.  Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.  And another snack before bed if I get hungry.  So. Much. Food!  I guess I need it to stay functional though.

I have a feeling that lifting my arms tomorrow may be a challenge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment