Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Time To Take A Step Back

Dear Ben,

I'm sure that there are plenty of letters just like this one out there, some nicer than others, but all with the same theme of "Really, Ben?!?!"  I had to re-open my blog for this.  I'm serious.  I don't think for a minute that you'll find your way to my blog to read this, but I hope that you find your way off of the road you're currently riding down.

When, exactly, do you think you're going to come to the realization that you're a target?  Not just on the field, either.  You can't scratch your, ugh blorf, hairy ass without it hitting the media.  So, yeah, happy birthday.  28, huh?  Time to grow up.  You're actually quite overdue to tell the truth.

Let me put this as plainly as I possibly can, Ben.  Keep your dick in your pants.  If you aren't pointing that at a urinal, it should remain put away.  Look, I wasn't there so I don't know what happened.  What I do know is this is the second time in too short of a time period, although a second time EVER would've been too short of a time period.

Here's a newsflash for you, Ben:  There are no chicks in jail.  Or, at least none that have actual vaginas.  Maybe you will think about that the next time you're hammered and out having a good time.  I think that time is gonna be a little while down the road though, because I also think you're going to do a little time.

If, by some chance, you get out of this, I'm going to make a suggestion.  Since it is obvious that your boys aren't looking out for your best interest, what you appear to need is a WingWoman.  Your WW will keep your simple, drunken ass in line.  She isn't interested in you in the least little bit and won't be afraid to kick you square in the nuts if you step out of line.  If she can't keep you from getting TOO drunk, she'll at least be there to keep you out of trouble.  She can fend off some of these chicks who are strictly looking for a quick payday and hey, maybe even introduce you to someone that'll keep you in line permanently.

It's one thing, Ben, if you want to throw away your career and everything you've worked for if it affected only you.  That is not the case and you know it.  You have teammates and coaches who count on you.  You have little boys and girls around the country who looked (notice the past tense) up to you as a role model.  You have, not a city, not a state, but an ENTIRE NATION of people who are shaking their heads right now, wondering why and possibly watching their season go up in flames long before it even starts. 

Let me get off of my soapbox because it isn't as though I've never done anything wrong.  I had a police incident once too. I actually was young (14) though, and I didn't hurt anyone.  I'm sure a lot of people are telling you a lot of different things right now.  Hopefully you'll be able to filter out the information that you actually need and put it to use before you've alienated everyone, lost your job and do some time.  Oh, and by the way, stop trying to live that stupid party like the white boys song!

With dwindling love and respect,

MiamiShyner

1 comment: