Wednesday, June 2, 2010

D-day

No, not as in war rememberence. Today is the day that I go to pick up my dress with all of its alterations. You should be able to see it here. It looks as though they aren't making it any more, but that's cool by me. I'm not one of those frilly girly girls so let me just tell you that me putting on this dress and going through all the preps is really a once-in-a-lifetime thing. You're welcome, mom. I'm sure, though, that putting on this dress for about an hour will be worth all of the P90X torture that I've put myself through, lol.

It's hard to believe that we're leaving for Mexico in a mere 8 days. It really seemed like it wouldn't get here forever and now it's right on top of us. Sorry that these posts turn into my "honey do" lists for myself, but I've gotta focus! Still left to do before we go:
  • Prep the favors
  • Build the playlist
  • Pick up dress
  • Buy shoes (for all of us)
  • Figure out hair and makeup (I'm so not good at that!)

I'm nearly certain that I'm forgetting something as this list is so small. Hopefully it'll come to me though. I'm going to have to go to the mall and let them paint me like a clown so I have some sort of clue how to work out this whole makeup thing. Yuck.

Yesterday, I made a suggestion to someone and that someone told me that my suggestion was "ugh". Well, that I can deal with. Heaven forbid that something "ugh" is done for someone besides me. There's nothing quite like being at the bottom of the totem pole, but hey, I don't let these sorts of things keep me down. The selfishness and self-centered-ness of others will not throw me off of my game.

With that, I bid you farewell for I have things to get done. See you tomorrow for day 3 of trying to create this new habit of writing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment